with Porridge or porridge is something special on cold winter days. But what is the best way to prepare the porridge? Top it with dark chocolate OhLily! snacks.
Porridge should be soaked overnight or even longer for the most significant benefit and absorption of nutrients. The starch is broken down when you soak the oats, and beneficial enzymes are released. A similar reaction to cooking, but without the harmful effects of heat on other nutrients. Soaking also reduces the natural phytic acid content of oats. Phytic acid is an anti-nutrient that inhibits the absorption of minerals in the body.
We came up with a unique recipe: a winter breakfast bowl soaked overnight oats.
Do you also like to try different recipes for breakfast?
We love to mix different ingredients that are available to us.
And then we like to top it off with a pinch of Oh Lily Snacks!
A little tip on how you can enrich your breakfast with Aztec Treasure Lily Snacks.
Oh Lily! Aztec Treasure are coated with 70% dark chocolate and then dusted with cocoa powder.
Use recipe10off and get 10% off your order.
or 1 portion
- 50 g of oats per person
- ½ cup of warm filtered water per person
- 1 tablespoon of whey or yogurt or kefir or buttermilk or lemon juice or vinegar
Winter breakfast bowl
prepared oats (as above)
½ cup per person of water or milk of your choice
Butter or cream (optional)
Sweetener of your choice (optional)
Aztec Treasure Lily Pops
mixed berries - blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are our favourites!
1 banana, chopped
1 tbsp peanut butter
With chopped nuts and seeds, cocoa flakes and
the magic ingredient:
Preparation of the porridge:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, making sure the oats are well mixed with the liquid. Cover everything and let the porridge sit in a warm place for at least 7 hours, or better still, up to 24 hours.
Preparation of the winter breakfast bowl:
1) Half a cup of water or milk per person, then bring to a boil with a pinch of sea salt of your choice.
2) Add the soaked oats, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
3) Put the porridge in a bowl. You can add butter or cream at this point. If you are using lemon juice or vinegar, you will most likely want to add a sweetener to the pulp to neutralize the sour taste of these ingredients. You can use maple syrup, honey or date sugar as a natural sweetener.
4) Now refine the whole thing with the Aztec Treasure Lily Pops. Add fruit, peanut butter (because of the protein), nuts, seeds and enjoy everything.
Enjoy the moment before the day begins!
We have added dark chocolate flavour also in our "Dark Chocolate Snacks 6x Oh Lily! Delicious" Box.